Thursday, April 30, 2009

Christening it.

I guess this is my first official blog. Xanga much?

I was completely hesitant to succumb all these so called trends or fads. Things like twitter, Twilight, plaid and the new found Xanga, that you call Blogspot. I guess I was just tired of rambling on in facebook messages and posts. Now, there's a new outlet for me to speak through. Not like many people will read anyways, but it's always worth a shot.

It seems like that everyone who has a blog has such important views and opinions about worldy causes. Not saying that I don't have views and opinions on the same topics, but I guess I don't feel the need to voice it and be so pro-active with the world as others. But lately I've been, I guess you can call it maturing. I was going to say evolving, but that would just make me sound like a cave woman. And there's no need to start with the name calling. Hah. Anyways, back to this so called "maturing" that I've been doing- The sudden swarm of collegiate duties along with emotional rushes has forced me to react in ways different to my usual manner. I have no idea whether I'm being conceited with me thinking that I'm having more cultural thoughts and views or if I'm actually am doing what I think. There's obviously no right judge for that, but I'd like to think there is.

Often, I put on this facade. Many people think that I'm well-rounded in many topics, but little do they know that I speak out of my ass sometimes. Pardon my English, but I do. I'm just wondering if one of these days someone will call me out on it. There are times when subjects arise and I know just enough about it create a whole argument opposing the other person. Either to oppose them or just to show that I actually do have an opinion. Most people do this as well, I'm sure. But I feel that it's time I address the fact that I do so. I guess it's not much to be ashamed about since most other do it- but come on.. let me have something to rant on about.

I think that was all my rant consisted of. But actually, that was not a rant at all. Well it was if you want to be all technical about it- but no.. that was more of a confession. To me, I think that this is the purpose of my blog ( I bet you guys discovered that a while ago, huh?). Well here's to the many confessions that will be "forced" out of me. Cheers.

Carlyn

1 comment:

  1. Cheers! I hope you're not disappointed that its just me, but I'm excited that you have a blog- not that I hide that well.

    You bring up a lot of good points. Whats so great about personal blogs is that you have the power to flood the internet with your own thoughts, just discrete enough to make censorship unnecessary but public enough to make some sort of statement. You can write what you want and if people don't like it, then they don't have to read it. It's very American.

    I dont think lack of knowledge on something completely cancels out your credibility. Besides, how does one become well-rounded in the first place? Sometimes you have to throw yourself into what you know little about just to grasp and feel around your own beliefs. Half assing is fifty percent closer to a complete, whole idea. And lets hope we never get there 'cause the process is so much more fun.

    DISCLAIMER: I will most likely comment like.. all of your blogs. I dont care how much you whine about it.

    ReplyDelete